Members' Plant Exchange and Sale
The Associates of the Scott Arboretum invite you to our 20th Annual Members’ Plant Exchange & Sale on Saturday, May 9, 2015.
GARDENERS! Exchange plants from your garden for new plants brought by Scott members from the tri-state region. Members bring plants for every niche in the landscape, from sun and shade perennials, trees and shrubs, container plants, vegetables to aquatics for your pond or bog garden! Start thinking now about what you can bring to the Members Plant Exchange and Sale to make the most of this much-anticipated event.
No plants to exchange? No problem! You can buy plants at the sale following the exchange. Thousands of plants remain after the exchange for purchase by members. Most are priced at just $1.00.
The Members Plant Exchange and Sale is FUN and a great way to try new plants. You can fill in those bare spots in your garden at very low cost. Soon you’ll find you have an enviable surplus for next year’s exchange.
Help us make this 20th Anniversary Members Plant Exchange and Sale the most successful ever. All proceeds benefit the Associates of the Scott Arboretum.
The Exchange - for plant donors (and newly joining members)
- Pick up free pots and labels from the Arboretum to help you get started.
- Check out plant propagation for helpful hints on getting the most new plants out of your landscape.
- Pot up extra perennial divisions, annuals, and woody plants as early as you can in the spring, and bring them to the Exchange during the drop-off periods. Receive one token for every three plants you contribute.
- Review 'The Rules' on the back page of the brochure or online.
- Come to the Exchange and spend your tokens on new plants, generally priced at just one token each.
- In celebration of the 20th Anniversary of the Plant Exchange, plant donors will receive a bonus token.
The Sale – for all Scott members
No plants to contribute? No problem. Once the Exchange ends, well over a thousand plants remain for sale to all. Most are priced at $1, with just a few larger or exceptional woodies somewhat higher.
Not a Member Yet?
The Plant Exchange and Sale are open only to Associates of the Scott Arboretum. Become a member and join the fun. New members who have joined since the 2014 Plant Exchange will receive three tokens redeemable at the Exchange!
Volunteer for the days of the Exchange & Sale, in the months beforehand to help prepare, add your voice to help shape the Event. We welcome anyone with a passion for plants to join us. Learn more about volunteers at the Scott Arboretum.