Members' Plant Exchange and Sale
The Associates of the Scott Arboretum invite you to our 22nd Annual Members’ Plant Exchange & Sale on Saturday, May 6, 2017.
Exchange plants from your garden for new plants brought by members from our region. Typically find plants for every niche in the landscape.
Start thinking now about divisions, surplus, or highlight plants you can share. Pot up perennials, annuals, and woody plants as early as you can in the spring. See ‘The Rules’ about what to bring and not to bring.No plants to exchange? No problem! You can buy plants at the sale following the exchange. Hundreds of plants remain after the exchange for purchase by members. Most are priced at just one dollar.
The Exchange - for plant donors (and newly joining members)
- Pick up free pots and labels from the Arboretum to help you get started.
- Check out plant propagation for helpful hints on getting the most new plants out of your landscape.
- Receive one token for every three plants you contribute.
- Review 'The Rules' on the back page of the brochure or online.
- Come to the Exchange and spend your tokens on new plants, generally priced at just one token each.
The Sale – for all Scott members
Once the Exchange ends, well over a thousand plants remain for sale to all. Only a few larger or exceptional trees or shrubs are priced higher than $1.00.
Not a Member Yet?
The Plant Exchange and Sale are open only to Associates of the Scott Arboretum. Become a member and join the fun. New members who have joined since the 2016 Plant Exchange will receive three tokens redeemable at the Exchange!
Volunteer for the days of the Exchange & Sale, in the months beforehand to help prepare, add your voice to help shape the Event. We welcome anyone with a passion for plants to join us. Learn more about volunteers at the Scott Arboretum.