Dedicated BenchesWe welcome the opportunity to add benches to the Arboretum through generous contributions. This information may be helpful should you decide to give a contribution for a dedicated bench.
Effective January 1, 2005, the standard contribution for a bench is $2,000; unusual or custom-built benches or particular benches may call for a larger donation.
- A brass engraved plaque is added to the back of the bench noting the dedication information as specified by you. Text may be up to 4 lines, 55 characters per line (including spaces). One line may have larger letters, with a maximum of 25 characters. The plaque measures 2" by 6". This recognition will be for the life of the bench purchased with the contribution.
- Your donation will be acknowledged by receipt from the Arboretum for tax purposes.
- Allow 3 months for us to acquire a bench from our supplier (although generally it doesn’t take that long.)
- The bench sites and styles are to be selected from the Arboretum’s wish list to insure sites are in keeping with Arboretum and College plans.
- The Arboretum and College reserve the right to move dedicated benches should the need arise.
- Gifts of dedicated benches will be recognized in our annual report, Year in Review.
- There are opportunities for more substantial giving to the Arboretum. Please contact the Scott Arboretum director if you are interested in more substantial naming opportunities.
Also, learn about other ways you can support the Scott Arboretum!