18 Jun 5 Garden Party Tips
During the month of June, gardens all over the greater Philadelphia area are celebrating the World’s Largest Garden Party. With graduation and father’s day celebrations, you may find yourself holding a garden party this month too. Here are some tips and tricks that we use at the Scott Arboretum when throwing parties in our gardens.
1. Mow your lawn at least one day before your party. Mowing the lawn stirs up a lot of allergies for many people and doing so the day before will prevent guests from sneezing throughout your celebration. It will also prevent guests from dragging grass clipping throughout your house, most notably into your bathroom.
2. Tuck away garden hoses and tools, as they pose a tripping hazard to your guests.
3. Place your food tables as close to your kitchen as possible. This will save you time and energy when replenishing snacks and drinks.
4. Keep bugs away with citronella candles and bounce sheets around food and seating areas.
5. Create floral arrangements from the blooms in your garden. In the event of rain, using flowers from your garden helps to bring it inside for guests to enjoy.
These tips will help ensure garden party success. Come celebrate the World’s Largest Garden with the Scott Arboretum tonight for Sunset Sippin’: White Roses and Whirlwind Wit. Despite the rain, enjoy the scents of white roses, the company of friends, and the flavors of Whirlwind Wit from Victory Brewery. The refreshing interpretation of this classic, Belgian “white beer” and the striking beauty of white roses will combine for a lovely summer evening.