- This event has passed.
Ethnobotany in the Crum Woods
June 7, 2019 @ 10:00 am - 12:45 pm$20 – $30
With over 300 native species and over 150 introduced species of plants, the Crum Woods is truly a cosmopolitan forest. This class will be a two-hour walk through the Crum Woods with local gardener and Crum Woods expert Mike Rolli, focusing on the seemingly endless uses of these plants – as food, medicine, fiber, timber, and more. Various harvestable plant parts will be discussed, including whole plants, shoots, leaves, bark, roots, flowers, fruit, resins, saps, and wood. Come learn about traditional and current uses of our woodlands plants, and much more. Dress for weather and walking; please note this tour will, at times, have a quick pace and cover uneven ground and hills. Limit 25.
Members: $20 Non-members: $30
Call 610-328-8025 to register.
The Fine Print:
- Unless otherwise noted, registrations are for one adult only. Please do not bring pets, unregistered adults, or children with you to events.
- Payment is required to reserve space in a class.
- Some class sizes are limited and registrations are accepted in the order received.
- The Scott Arboretum shall not be liable in any way for any damage, injury, or loss of life or property incurred by any person in connection with these programs beyond the return of registration fees for cancellation by said date.
- The Scott Arboretum retains the right to cancel any program due to lack of enrollment or unforeseen problems.
- Refunds for classes will only be available if notice is given 10 business days before the class.