Invented by and meant for gardeners, hypertufa troughs have an appearance similar to limestone planters but without the weight and expense. Learn with Curator Mary Tipping about the science behind hypertufa, and create your own planter with the simplest of supplies. Class participants will create their very own weather-resistant hypertufa trough to take home. Since the class involves mixing cement, we will supply garden trowels, rubber dishwashing gloves, and dust masks. Dress for the weather and getting dirty! Limit 15.
Members: $30 Non-members: $40
Call 610-328-8025 to register.
The Fine Print:
- Unless otherwise noted, registrations are for one adult only. Please do not bring pets, unregistered adults, or children with you to events.
- Payment is required to reserve space in a class.
- Some class sizes are limited and registrations are accepted in the order received.
- The Scott Arboretum shall not be liable in any way for any damage, injury, or loss of life or property incurred by any person in connection with these programs beyond the return of registration fees for cancellation by said date.
- The Scott Arboretum retains the right to cancel any program due to lack of enrollment or unforeseen problems.
- Refunds for classes will only be available if notice is given 10 business days before the class.