In-person: Autumn Flower Arranging Demonstration
October 21 @ 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm$5
Join flower arranger extraordinaire Valerie McLaughlin as she leads us through artistically creating a flower arrangement made from material gathered in the Scott Arboretum’s late season gardens. Sit back and relax as Valerie creates a work of art before your eyes. Valerie’s teaching style is fun and engaging so whether you want to learn about flower arranging or just watch it in motion – we encourage you to join us!
Valerie McLaughlin is a freelance floral designer in Wallingford, Pennsylvania where she creates custom arrangements. She is an active member of the American Institute of Floral Designers and teaches from her home, on stage, online, and for public gardens like the Scott Arboretum and Longwood Gardens. She is also involved with the Philadelphia Flower Show. Most of all, her creative, distinct designs reflect her joy and passion for living.
In-person price: $5
Location will be outside in a tent, please dress accordingly.
Important information about this event. Thank you for reading before registering:
- This in-person demonstration is limited to 20 people.
- Online payment is required to register and is open to the first 20 people who sign up. No checks or cash will be accepted.
- It will take place rain or shine, and in the event of inclement weather or other extreme event, the in-person portion of this event will be canceled but will still take place virtually. No refunds will be given; the $5 per person will be considered a donation to the Associates of the Scott Arboretum.
- A live webinar will be taking place simultaneously and broadcasting to a remote audience. The webinar will be recorded.
- Non-vaccinated participants are asked to please wear a mask.
- Restrooms will be available in the Wister Center.
- Please note there may be some distance to walk from your car to where the tent is located.