- This event has passed.
Travels at Twelve: Botanical Explorations in the Baltics
February 6 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Join Scott Arboretum staff and local gardening enthusiasts as they share travel experiences abroad! In addition to learning about spectacular gardens, plants, and landscapes, you’ll get a taste of the art, cuisine, architecture, and customs of lands near and far. It’s a perfect wintertime escape!
Join Andrew Bunting, now the Vice President of Public Horticulture at the Pennsylvania Horticultural Society, for his summer 2018 excursion to the Baltics where he visited Estonia, Latvia, and Lithuania. The purpose of the trip was to visit nurseries, botanic gardens, and arboreta with the purpose of searching for new species and cultivars of plants that might be used in North American gardens.
Free and open to the public, Travels at Twelve is an informal way to share what has been seen and discovered in various gardens and natural spaces throughout the world. Held from 12 to 1 p.m. in the Lang Performing Arts Center Cinema at Swarthmore College.
WEATHER CANCELATIONS: To learn if the college has canceled activities or will open late, please call the Swarthmore Weather Emergency Hotline: 610-328-8228.
PARKING INFORMATION: Please note parking regulations on campus and read posted college and Swarthmore Borough signs carefully.
FREE PARKING LOCATIONS
- On-street (one side of street only): Cedar Lane, Elm Avenue, Walnut Lane, Ogden Avenue, College Avenue
- Arboretum lot on College Ave by Wister Center
- Visitor spaces in Ben West lot off of Route 320
Monday – Friday, 7:00 am to 3:30 pm
- The lot on the southeast corner of College Ave and Route 320 is for faculty/staff only during the hours listed above.
- The lots off of Whittier Place are primarily for faculty/staff; a few visitor spaces are available with limited time.
Swarthmore College tickets are $30 for parking illegally in faculty/staff-designated campus spaces. Please note that if you have a Swarthmore College parking hang tag, you cannot park in visitor spaces with the hang tag visible.