- This event has passed.
Travels at Twelve: Exploring Lake Maggiore (Italy)
February 20 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm
Join Scott Arboretum staff and local gardening enthusiasts as they share travel experiences abroad! In addition to learning about spectacular gardens, plants, and landscapes, you’ll get a taste of the art, cuisine, architecture, and customs of lands near and far. It’s a perfect wintertime escape!
Catherine and Ron Anderson are Scott Associates with a passion for travel. This presentation recounts a garden tour of northern Italy’s lake region, which enjoys a mild climate although at the foothills of the alps. We will visit gardens ranging from intimately curated to some designed with Baroque exuberance.
Free and open to the public, Travels at Twelve is an informal way to share what has been seen and discovered in various gardens and natural spaces throughout the world. Held from 12 to 1 p.m. in the Lang Performing Arts Center Cinema at Swarthmore College.
WEATHER CANCELATIONS: To learn if the college has canceled activities or will open late, please call the Swarthmore Weather Emergency Hotline: 610-328-8228.
PARKING INFORMATION: Please note parking regulations on campus and read posted college and Swarthmore Borough signs carefully.
FREE PARKING LOCATIONS
- On-street (one side of street only): Cedar Lane, Elm Avenue, Walnut Lane, Ogden Avenue, College Avenue
- Arboretum lot on College Ave by Wister Center
- Visitor spaces in Ben West lot off of Route 320
Monday – Friday, 7:00 am to 3:30 pm
- The lot on the southeast corner of College Ave and Route 320 is for faculty/staff only during the hours listed above.
- The lots off of Whittier Place are primarily for faculty/staff; a few visitor spaces are available with limited time.
Swarthmore College tickets are $30 for parking illegally in faculty/staff-designated campus spaces. Please note that if you have a Swarthmore College parking hang tag, you cannot park in visitor spaces with the hang tag visible.