- This event has passed.
What is That??? Plant Identification and Plant Names
February 14 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm$15 – $25
Hold Fri., Feb. 21 for bad weather date
This class, with Scott Arboretum’s coordinator of horticulture Jeff Jabco, is designed for gardeners who want to improve their scientific knowledge of plants relative to plant morphology and anatomy (leaves, buds, stems, flowers) and the terms used to describe them. Also discussed will be the scientific names we assign to plants and how these plants are “grouped” together with their relatives (plant taxonomy and nomenclature). This will help answer the question, “Why is my peach related to my rose bush?”
This is a beginner’s class so as not to intimidate anyone, but to give us all an appreciation of the basic science of gardening and to help us distinguish between different species of plants. Limit 40.
Members: $15 Non-members: $25
Register online or call 610-328-8025.
The Fine Print:
- Unless otherwise noted, registrations are for one adult only. Please do not bring pets, unregistered adults, or children with you to events.
- Payment is required to reserve space in a class.
- Some class sizes are limited and registrations are accepted in the order received.
- The Scott Arboretum shall not be liable in any way for any damage, injury, or loss of life or property incurred by any person in connection with these programs beyond the return of registration fees for cancellation by said date.
- The Scott Arboretum retains the right to cancel any program due to lack of enrollment or unforeseen problems.
- Refunds for classes will only be available if notice is given 10 business days before the class.