Donated in 1974 by James R. Frorer, Swarthmore Class of 1915, the Frorer Holly Collection is one of the finest in the country. It has been designated a National Holly Arboretum by the Holly Society of America. It is also one of three Nationally Accredited Plant Collections holdings found at the Scott Arboretum. Each year, the collection, which contains over 350 different types, is evaluated for ornamental characteristics and hardiness. The Holly Collection’s maintenance is supported by the Frorer Holly Collection Endowment Fund.