Terry Shane Teaching Garden
This garden, dedicated in 1989, is named in honor of Terry Shane (1904-2008) who helped establish the Associates of the Scott Arboretum. It contains a mix of shade-loving perennials, tropical containers, and many unusual trees and shrubs. Located behind the Arboretum offices, the garden also contains a small pond and an annual border, the theme of which changes each year. The garden’s maintenance is supported by the Terry Shane Garden Endowment Fund, given by her family and friends of the Scott Arboretum.