Grounds closed until further notice.
Effective Aug. 31, Swarthmore College/Scott Arboretum will close the campus to visitors until further notice. This restriction includes College grounds, the Crum Woods, playing fields, and tennis courts. Please see the letter below from Swarthmore College President Valerie Smith to our neighbors in the Borough of Swarthmore and beyond. More info..
Monday through Friday,
8:30 am to noon and 1:00 to 4:30 pm.
Travel by Car
From the Airport
- Take PA-291 W, S Sellers Ave, Morton Ave and Swarthmore Ave to Elm Ave in Swarthmore
- Continue on Elm Ave. Drive to College Ave
- Find parking near our location: 500 College Avenue, Swarthmore, PA 19081
Public Transit Options
SEPTA Regional Rail
- Take SEPTA‘s Media/Elwyn line, Swarthmore station.
- Walk up the hill on the tree-lined Magill Walk
- Turn right in front of Parrish Hall at the top of the hill
- Proceed past the library to the arboretum headquarters.
SEPTA Bus Route
- The SEPTA bus route 109, 69th Street Terminal to Chester, has a bus stop at Chester Rd (Route 320) and College Ave.
- After departing from the bus, walk up the hill (College Ave.) to the Arboretum Offices on your left.
- Cedar Lane
- College Avenue
Scott Arboretum signs will be posted before the events start.
They will direct visitors to the appropriate parking lot and walking signs to the correct building.
We’re not your garden variety Arboretum
The mission of the Scott Arboretum is to delight and educate all visitors and inspire them to enjoy the many benefits of horticulture. All of our gardens feature plant varieties that grow well in this area and encourage wise stewardship. We want to share our knowledge about:
- sustainable gardening
- year round garden interest
- creating a garden for everyone to enjoy year round