- This event has passed.
Travels @ 12: Botanizing in Greece
February 1 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pmFREE
Join Andrew Bunting, Vice President of Horticulture at the Pennsylvania Horticultural Society, for a botanical tour of Greece. In early spring of 2023, Andrew explored the Peloponnese Peninsula and found many Greek native plants, including many species of native orchids. He also visited the Greek island of Symi in the Aegean Sea, not far from Türkiye. Join Andrew for an exciting botanical exploration.
Travels @ 12 is an online series for plant enthusiasts to vicariously experience gardens and natural spaces throughout the world.
Registration is free, but required to receive the Zoom webinar and recording links.
- The webinar link will be included in the confirmation email received after registering online.
- This webinar will be recorded and available for 2 weeks after the presentation.
- Recording link will be available 2 days after the webinar.
- Participants must download Zoom.
- Email us if you have accessibility needs for this program.
- For more information, review our program and event policies or call the Scott Arboretum office at 610-328-8025.
About the Presenter
Andrew Bunting is the Vice President of Horticulture at the Pennsylvania Horticultural Society (PHS) and leads the utilization of planting and design to promote environmentally sound gardening practices at PHS. Andrew has elevated each of the departments he oversees and has increased the brand and visibility of PHS through their respective work.
Andrew received his B.S. in Plant and Soil Science from Southern Illinois University. Prior to arriving at PHS, Andrew worked at Chicago Botanic Garden, Chanticleer Garden, and the Scott Arboretum for a tenure of 27 years. He has received the American Public Gardens Association’s Professional Citation, Chanticleer Scholarship in Professional Development, and the Certificate of Merit from PHS. He also serves on the Board of Magnolia Society International. Andrew published his first book in 2015, The Plant Lover’s Guide to Magnolias. Andrew enjoys bird watching, travel and, of course, gardening.