- This event has passed.
Travels @ 12: Exploring the Azores
January 25 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pmFREE
Learn about the culture and horticulture of islands of the Azores with Richard Doran, Marketing & Communications Manager for the American Public Gardens Association. In September 2023, Richard further explored the Azores and he will share more adventures in the islands of Pico, Faial, São Jorge, and São Miguel.
Travels @ 12 is an online series for plant enthusiasts to vicariously experience gardens and natural spaces throughout the world.
Registration is free, but required to receive the Zoom webinar and recording links.
- The webinar link will be included in the confirmation email received after registering online.
- This webinar will be recorded and available for 2 weeks after the presentation.
- Recording link will be available 2 days after the webinar.
- Participants must download Zoom.
- Email us if you have accessibility needs for this program.
- For more information, review our program and event policies or call the Scott Arboretum office at 610-328-8025.
About the Presenter
Richard A. Doran joined the American Public Gardens Association in November 2017. Previous to joining the Association, Richard was Director of Marketing at the Academy of Vocal Arts, Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra and Chamber Orchestra of Philadelphia. He has also worked on the staff of Philadelphia City Council, Electric Factory Concerts, and began his career as a correspondent for the Burlington (VT) Free Press. An avid backyard gardener, Richard resides in South Philadelphia with his wife.