Travels @ 12: Taking on Texas
January 18, 2024 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pmFREE
Experience Texas horticulture from Dallas to Austin to Houston with Scott Arboretum staff Becky Robert and Mackenzie Knight-Fochs. Becky and Mackenzie attended the 2023 American Public Gardens Association Annual Conference in Dallas/Fort Worth, which included visits to public and private gardens, as well as a three-day post-conference horticultural road trip from Fort Worth to Houston.
Travels @ 12 is an online series for plant enthusiasts to vicariously experience gardens and natural spaces throughout the world.
Registration is free, but required to receive the Zoom webinar and recording links.
- The webinar link will be included in the confirmation email received after registering online.
- This webinar will be recorded and available for 2 weeks after the presentation.
- Recording link will be available 2 days after the webinar.
- Participants must download Zoom.
- Email us if you have accessibility needs for this program.
- For more information, review our program and event policies or call the Scott Arboretum office at 610-328-8025.
About the Presenters
Rebecca Robert has been with the Scott Arboretum since 2004 and is the Communications and Volunteer Manager. She received a M.S. and a B.S. in horticulture at Penn State University. She has worked at a variety of nurseries and garden centers including Avalon Flower and Garden in Avalon, NJ; Snyder’s Greenhouse in Leck Kill, PA; Hershey Nursery in Hershey, PA; and Meadow Creek Farms in Klingerstown, PA.
Mackenzie Knight-Fochs returned to the Arboretum in 2022 as the Education Programs Manager. She previously served as the Education Intern from 2012 to 2014. She completed the Longwood Graduate Program in Public Horticulture in 2016, receiving her Master’s in Public Horticulture. Prior to returning to the Arboretum, she worked for the Friends of Laurel Hill and at the Delaware Center for Horticulture. Mackenzie has her Bachelor’s in horticulture and life sciences communication from the University of Wisconsin-Madison.